Friday, November 13, 2009

Ride a Cowboy, Save a Horse

That's just one of many nuggets of animal-loving wisdom you'll find in Kinky Friedman's latest book, "Kinky's Celebrity Pet Files."  Being the human companion to a whole slew of unique and unusual pets just isn't enough to satisfy Kinky's love of animals.  He's the "spiritual leader" of a no-kill animal shelter in Kerrville, Texas.  He helped Willie Nelson and the mayor of Kaufman, Texas, to shut down a couple of slaughter houses.  And he's written a book all about the animal companions of people rich and famous the world over.

Here in Texas, we know Kinky as a musician, humorist, author, and politician.  He's got stage performances - music and musings - lined up in Philadelphia, New York, and Alexandria, Virginia, all happening next week.  He'll be in Washington, DC, on November 17 to promote his book.

I don't usually do volunteer book reviews, especially when I haven't even read the book yet, but I couldn't wait to write about this one the minute I learned of it myself.  I'm such a big Kinky Friedman fan that I'll endorse anything he does on faith alone.  I can't wait to read this one and I hope you'll read it and enjoy it, too.  Having read Kinky's other books and enjoyed his music and performances through the years, I know this book will be jam-packed with laughs, wisdom, and entertainment from cover to cover.

And, hey, y'all.  Get out there and vote.  That's what I'm going to do.  I'm voting for Kinky Friedman to be the next governor of the soon-to-be-again great state of Texas.  And it's a vote I'm delighted to cast.  Won't you think about doing the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment